It took several tries, but I've finally devised a pattern that will fit correctly. The strange roundness mixed with flatness of the Bear/Stuntbears' head was what caused most of the patterns to become ill-fitting.
With this pattern I finally used the sheep fur and finished my first cap. I was quite happy with the results but the true test would be to see if Fork would be satisfied with the results.
And apparently he wanted the ears (not shown on this picture) to be more visible since the fur is sooooooooooooooo woolly. This fabric makes it difficult to take apart anything that you sew. It was easier just to cut and sew new pieces instead of taking this one apart.
And here is Sheepcap #2. Fork, NOW, thinks that the fabric is too woolly and the ears STILL aren't very visible. I don't disagree with him. So to try to counteract the supper woolliness of the sheep fur I brushed and trimmed it (as you can see in the picture). I'm not sure I like the results. I'm thinking that I might have to do a Sheepcap #3 and maybe sew the sheep fur down before I sew the cap together. Let's hope that works.
Well at least the whole yard might get used . . . at the rate I'm going.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Sheepcap, The Horror!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was so cute over the webcam!
Too bad it's too fuzzy for Johnny. =P
Post a Comment