Friday, December 14, 2007

Pirate Pillow Case

This wasn't anything spectacular or difficult but I wanted to share the fun skull and cross bones with everyone. My friend had bought this handkerchief to patch her jeans since it was such a fun pattern. I had so much left over that I ended up making this mini pillow case for her corn heating bag. The old pillow case is tacky and . . . well take a look for yourself:

Clearly not as fun as this one:

The only thing I have to say about sewing this project is that even thought it's simple, don't do it when you're sleepy. Well I guess that applies to anything you're doing. Why I decided that I had to sew at midnight is beyond me. But because of that, I end up making several mistakes and frustrating blunders. Even with all these hair-pulling moments, I'm happy with the end result.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally didn't hear about this pillowcase! lol and I usually do!

Corn...heating...bag...for...heating...corn?

Corn heating?

Corn heating?

Corn eating?

Mmmmm corn.......

Sew Shy said...

what's a corn heating bag?

Spork said...

Corn Heating Bags are heating bags made from corn. They can also be made with rice, wheat, flax seeds, etc. They heat up in the microwave and you use them on a cold night like you would a hot water bottle. It can also be frozen to be used as a cooling pad for hot days or to place in your cooler. There is a link on my post if you want more information.