Monday, November 9, 2009

Thailand T-shirts and Screen Printing

Last year in May I traveled to Thailand for a friend's wedding. One of the souvenirs I brought home were t-shirts made by local artists at Chatuchak Market Bangkok (aka Weekend Market). It was stuffy and a bit claustrophobic but really fun.


I was drawn to the artwork. I love the whimsical and off beat nature of the pieces that have a dash of steam punk surrealism mixed in. And I'm all for supporting local artist.








If you all haven't noticed I've been interested in screen printing for a while now. If the Tako Shirt and all those links at the side didn't give you that indication.

So after all these ghetto screen printing trails and tribulations, I decided to take a Textile Screen Printing Class over the summer. It was a short intense 4 week class, but I had a lot of fun. I'll have to pull them out of the garage and take pictures of them.

No comments: