Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fashion Incubator

I had a presentation due for my finals in addition to all that sewing we did throughout the semester. I wasn't thrilled to do it but school is school. In the midst of all my research I stumble upon this site:

http://www.fashion-incubator.com/

Some of my classmates said they already knew about it but Thursday was the first time I've ever seen it. It's run by a pattern-maker who gives industry tips on sewing, pattern drafting, and standard industry procedure. It's fascinating. It was so distracting, I almost didn't finish my project. Some of the things I've already learned in class but it's nice to hear it really is used in industry. I've already read through several of her tutorials. She's also written a book The Entrepreneur's Guide to Sewn Product Manufacturing by Kathleen Fasanella which I want to get now.

If any of you already know about this site, I'm sad that you didn't share with me earlier!!!


No comments: