Monday, May 10, 2010

Baby Clothes

This is a really old project. I think this was the 3rd item we did for my first sewing class. It's a little baby dress with bloomers. I think I found this fabric at Walmart for $1~$2/yard.


I didn't really want to sew baby clothes at the time. Buy now looking a back I realized how much I learned from this one project.


  1. Invisible Zipper - I had to sew it on several times before it was "invisible".
  2. Gathering
  3. Stitch in the Ditch
  4. Setting in Sleeves
  5. Yokes
  6. Collars
  7. Curved Pockets
  8. Elastic
  9. Overlocking a curve - I had to do the bloomers twice, because I didn't curve with the overlock and ended up cutting my first pair of bloomers. I was very traumatized at the time.
I found out recently that they don't do this project anymore for the Intro Sewing class. I'm sorry to hear that since you do learn a lot from something so small.

No comments: