Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stray Socks, I have so many

Recently these books were pointed out to me and I can't stop obsessing about them.

Stray Sock Sewing: Making one of a Kind Creatures from Socks

Stray Sock Sewing Too: More Super-Cute Sock Softies to Make & Love

It combines two of my interests making plushies and RRR (recycle, reduce, reuse). I've already flipped through the books and think I have an idea on how to approach. I'm not sure if I need to own these books, yet. I'm going to try to do one of the projects and if I think I need more guidance, as opposed to a general idea on approach, then I might consider purchasing the books.

Some people have said that they would buy new socks for these projects. In a sense, I understand where they're coming from. You're cuddling a plushie that used to be someones smelly sock. But on the other hand, that defeats the whole stray sock concept, right? Then again, my socks usually don't match, so do I really own any stray socks?

No comments: