Thursday, November 20, 2008

Radiant Dress

THIS DRESS WAS A TRUE DISASTER. I think not really having any enthusiasm for the project didn't help the situation. Some criticisms my professor gave me were:

1. The pattern is too busy for the design.
2. It wasn't draped with enough pleats to give a correct radiant effect.
3. The dress/skirt detracts from the radiant effect.


I don't disagree with her at all. I think this is my worst project to date. My overall issue was that I couldn't envision this dress while draping it. I didn't know which direction I was headed and had draped it several times. I think the outcome really reflects my inner turmoil with this project. You can't tell how bad this dress is because the pattern is that distracting. I'm too embarrassed to even point them out. Maybe I subconsciously choose this pattern for this reason.

No comments: