Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tako Shirt

Even in the midst of all my draping I still have time for some fun projects. Here is a quick project that wasn't planned at all. I've been trying to convince Grip N Flip about the greatness of screen printing with freezer paper.

It was hard to find freezer paper in my area but finally the Wal-Mart (I know it's evil but I have my reasons for shopping there) closest to my house stocked it.

Up until recently Grip N Flip and I were screen printing with nylons & glue. Which is also a good method, but for a quick and dirty screen print method for a more impetuous crafting moments this is great.

I found this picture on deviantART by Vieje of a cute Tako (that's japanese for octopus). It had the clean lines and cute features I was looking for.



I had an old t-shirt that I wasn't using anymore. After screen printing the shirt we decided to cut it up to make it more Tako worthy.



Here's Grip N Flip wearing the Tako Shirt. And the black/white glove was something I made her randomly months ago. I think this was a great break from my draping projects. It's nice to not have to sit and think so hard on a project once in a while. Fun and random!!

3 comments:

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

I love it. Great job!
Angela

Spork said...

Thank you!!!

GripNFlip said...

Tako-Time!

The cutting and tying of the shirt was top-notch: it made my chubby-lumpkins love-handles less apparent! XD