Our second project in Draping class is the gathered neck shirt. Or in my professors words' "how to control excess fabric." Since I had such a hard time with the slippery fabric of the cowl neck, I stuck with a simple cotton this time. I was semi inspired with this random picture my professor had passed around for inspiration. It didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned.I think the problem lies with the material and design. My inspiration picture was made from a knit (t-shirt type material) and my cotton is obviously a completely different material. It's a little too puffy at the bottom. I'm going to release the banding on the bottom and leave it free flowing before I give it away, the either Grip N Flip or Cheeky Monkey (aka Sailor Venus). Depends who looks better in it. Overall I really liked how this shirt turned out. I also really like the design on the fabric, you can't beat $1/yard.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Gathered Neck Shirt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's preeeety! Did you get the fabric from our fave store?
Yes I did!!! I haven't been back to that store in a while.
Post a Comment