Here is something I thought I would NEVER do. Well, never say never.
Grip N Flip ask for long fingered lace gloves. FINGERED LACE GLOVES. This project wouldn't have been that difficult if I had purchased stretch lace. But because I'm thrifty and found non-stretch lace for $1/yard I would obviously choose pricing over ease. Well maybe that wasn't the best decision. After several tries I was able to finish the gloves. There are slight fit issues.
I didn't have a plan and basically traced her arm & hands, then sewed the outline. The gloves were actually sewed against the grain, if lace even has grain, because the selvage had this beautiful scalloping that I used at the top of the gloves. I'm sure there was a better way to do the gloves then how I did them, but I'm still just in awe that I made gloves out of lace!!
She wore these gloves with a pleather outfit that her friends gave to her as a collective X-mas gift. A few weeks later one of Grip N Flips' friend borrowed these gloves for prom.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Lace Gloves
Tags:
gloves,
grip n flip,
sewing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment