Sunday, January 27, 2008

Skirt for Bill

There are 2 variables that came in conjunction for the creation of this skirt. The first variable, was the purchase of this cloth. It was $5 for 4-5 yards. It had an interesting texture, if that's what you would call it. My stepmom, who is a casual sewing, said that she had a hard time making a top with it. I was curious to how difficult the material would be to sew. That is not a normal reaction, but sometimes the weirdest things ignite a fiery challenge as opposed to abhorrence. The second variable, Grip N Flip needed a skirt to go with a t-shirt she had screen printed of Bill from Tokio Hotel. Apparently the skirt I made for J-Rock Revolution is too much for everyday use.

This whole skirt was done on a whim, with very abstract ideas. I was going for a punk/goth/rock look, nothing specific, just in that genre. I ended up forcing my stepmom to pose in it for me.

She was embarrassed, but I think she has sexy legs.

The only thing that I'm worried about is if it would fit Grip N Flip. Somehow, when I sew an elastic waistband, I always overestimate how much should be taken in, to account for the stretch. Well, I hope that practice and experience will fix this problem in the future.

2 comments:

Sew Shy said...

Whaaat? That's your stepmom? Those look like the legs of a 16 year old!

Anonymous said...

lol yeah Ye Ye's legs are so hot!

Gah, I can't wait to try on the skirt~ Hopefully it'll fit me. (Must do situps!)

Bill is getting lonely in my closet.