For my FASH 1B class, a few semesters ago, I had to knock off a swimsuit. I decided to copy this swimsuit that I "borrowed" from Grip N Flip . She really liked this swimsuit but it's too small for her now.
ORIGINAL SWIMSUIT:
I ended up using this green and black fabric I found in the garage. I think it has an authentic Speedo pattern printed on it. My dad said someone gave it to him as a drop cloth *gasp*!!! It was really easy to sew on. This was my tester swimsuit. I had to alter the pattern to be a little longer and the bottoms a little bigger, so that Grip n' Flip would be able to fit it.
KNOCK-OFF SWIMSUIT:

Apparently, since the construction of this swimsuit, Grip N Flip has gained a little pudge (aka Love Handles).
I like how this swimsuit turned out. But sewing it was hellish. I never want to sew swimsuits or lingerie. Hard as heck!!! On that note, I ended up sewing an altered pattern of this swimsuit. I didn't finish it for class, due to some sewing machine trouble, but I'm hoping that I will eventually finish it in the near future. I'll leave it as a surprise for now, but it's super fun!!
1 comment:
NOOOO T_T THE PUDGE THE PUDGE T_T
Post a Comment